Our highly trained and experienced instructors ensure a safe and fun environment for students to explore the countryside and natural wonders of the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding areas. These expeditions can range from the ‘action-packed’ (including Rock Climbing, Cave diving, etc.) to walking tours focusing on the geographical and scientific aspect of the processes and patterns that occur naturally within these areas.
Covering geographical sites of interest across the Yorkshire dales and beyond, Rock Steady is able to balance environmental and experiential development learning programmes in order to suit the needs of both school and student.
We can host a wide range of activities, and give advice on your best choice of package based on your groups age range, abilities and key stage curriculum; creating a bespoke service that suits you and your school’s requirements.
A full list of adventure packages are available here.
All our activity and adventure courses can be suited to link directly to curriculum subjects to support teaching and pupil learning as well as supporting development of teamwork, leadership and thinking skills.
Advantages of Outdoor Education…
- Can be easily linked to curriculum and enhance subjects e.g. geography, science, history, art.
- Learn how to overcome adversity.
- Enhance personal and social development.
- Teach survival skills.
- Improve problem solving skills
- Understand and develop appreciation for natural environments.
- Encourage active, healthy lifestyle.
- Enhance teamwork/leadership skills.
- Transferable skills.
- Encourage conservation.
- Philosophy, theory, and practices of experiential education/environmental education.
- Encourage tourism.
We are registered with The Adventure Activities Licensing Service.
Our instuctors hold all the appropriate Governing Body Qualifications.